Monday, August 12, 2013

CSA Week 8: Saucy

No veggies from last week since I was gone!

This week, we got:
  • Tomatoes (1 large, 2 medium, and a dozen plum)
  • Potatoes
  • Rosemary
  • Onions
  • Cucumbers
  • Summer Squash
  • (Red loose leaf lettuce) Traded for Yukina Savoy
  • Bok Choy
  • Sweet peppers

I boiled the Yukina and Bok Choy for dinner last Tuesday with my share partner Chris.  He took home potatoes, a cucumber and the zucchini.  I kept the rest, most of which went into a somewhat successful attempt at making my own pasta sauce.

I think the sauce failed mostly from a lack of garlic and herbs; it came out tasting mostly tomato-y and not very spaghetti-sauce-like.  I also wonder if including the plum tomatoes had anything to do with it, since I know the medium-sized tomatoes are supposed to be better for sauce.  Aside from that, though, making the sauce turned out to be more straightforward than I had anticipated, so I think I'll try again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment